Welcome to Uncomplicated



Uncomplicated is a place where I can share reviews and observations drawn from my experiences in building my personal watch collection. I'm not an expert, just an enthusiast. My experience is obviously limited and far from comprehensive, but in this age of access via search engine, perhaps my experiences with specific timepieces and accessories can be helpful and enjoyable for others who own or are seeking the same.

Why "uncomplicated"? As I've built my collection, I've found that I generally favor watches with relatively simple designs and fewer complications. There are obviously some exceptions (and date complications are tough to escape), but in general I favor a clean, time-only aesthetic, as exemplified by pieces (and former pieces) in my collection such as the Tudor Heritage Black Bay 36, the Smiths PRS-36, and the Omega Geneve. Choosing a watch is a personal decision. There are no "rights" or "wrongs" -- just what's right for you. What's right for me is generally that clean aesthetic--but also not being too rigid to prevent the addition of a few more complicated pieces that I appreciate.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments